Sunday, July 9, 2017

Pattern Testing Reveal - Gradient Stars from Patterns by Jen

I am so happy to share a pattern I tested for Jen at Patterns by Jen.  She released her Gradient Stars pattern on Friday and I hope you will visit her site to see the other testers quilts and check out her other patterns.
 
Here is my completed quilt top, I am still contemplating how I want to quilt it.  John was kind enough to step outside into 100° weather and hold the quilt up for me.
 
One thing I did a little different from the original instructions was to cut my pieces from a strip as shown above.  I was working from my stash so needed to make the best use of my fabrics since I didn't have much extra.
 
Pinning was important for this one, and I had to rework some of my seams to nest better but it was worth it.
 
My stacks ready to be sewn together.
 
The 15-91 works so well for piecing.
 



Here's a close-up of the quilt, I am so happy with how this turned out!  I think that this may be one of the more intense patterns I've made so far and the results are incredible.  If you have any ideas for how I could quilt this I would love to hear them.
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
~Brandy


11 comments:

Tish Stemple said...

This turned out beautiful! Love the little center Santa cuts. I will hope over to Jen's to check out all the different versions.

Marilyn Jordan said...

I love this sweet pillow. I'm putting it on the never ending list of projects to make. If I were rich and retired... : )

tink's mom said...

You did a great job on this quilt. It is a lovely pattern and your interpretation is wonderful. Fussy cut Santa is a great touch.

Anna brown said...

Very cool I never thought about this idea...always a table runner with my left overs..lol...happyness04431@yahoo.com

Anna brown said...

Very cool I never thought about this idea...always a table runner with my left overs..lol...happyness04431@yahoo.com

Meloney said...

I love it, but I don't know that I have the skill for it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SUCH a cool pattern!! I absolutely LOVE your holiday version.

MaryBeth said...

That is such a gorgeous quilt!!

Dorothy H said...

ILove this quilt... simple but strikingly beautiful!!

Kathy S. said...

I LOVE your quilting on the string quilt. Hmmm I have the Accuquilt dies that would make that pattern pretty slick. I'll have to put that one on my back burner, but it's a beautiful way to use those triangles and kites together.

Dresden Quilter said...

It is gorgeous. Your piecing is incredible.